Monday 16 July 2012

Introduction...

So;
This is my first post on my new conservation blog.. best to tell you a little about myself:

My name is Jo and I'm a keen wildlife conservationist. I have a BA (Hons) in Environmental Social Science (University of Kent) and an FdSc in Conservation and the Environment: Biological Surveying and Habitat Management (Writtle College). I have volunteered over the last four years with the Essex Wildlife Trust and worked as a trainee Conservation Officer at Wildwood Trust in Kent.

During my academic and working career in conservation, I have covered a range of habitats and species, although my expertise lies in Water Vole (Arvicolla amphibius) conservation.

 
As a limited and competitive industry, I am now between conservation jobs, but through my hobbies I am working on gaining more experience in conservation.

This blog is a means of keeping 'in touch' with conservation - somewhere I can record and discuss my opinions and experiences as I search for my dream job.

I hope you enjoy and encourage you to comment and discuss!

Jo
( ゚▽゚)/
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living" David Attenborough

No comments:

Post a Comment